Guide to Periodontal Treatment Solutions for General Dentistry 9781626238008
- A unique how-to guide for dental trainees on the practical application of periodontal treatment.
- Case studies, review questions and explanations, coupled with diagrams and illustrations, enhance understanding and knowledge retention.
Möchten sie mehr über dieses Produkt erfahren?
Für einen Rückruf-Wunsch senden Sie uns bitte eine Email oder rufen Sie uns direkt an: 04532 - 267 277 (Mo-Fr 8h-17h).
Guide to Periodontal Treatment - a unique how-to guide for dental trainees on the practical application of periodontal treatment.
Guide to Periodontal Treatment: Solutions for General Dentistry by Tobias Boehm and Sam Chui is a concise textbook on periodontics geared towards dental students, residents, and early-career general dentists. Each chapter includes cases and evidence-based practice exercises that illustrate key concepts and enable application of these concepts through independent study or non-lecture-based teaching methods. The book is arranged in a logical sequence mirroring the manner in which patients present with periodontal disease, from the initial exam to state-of-the-art treatments.
Opening chapters cover gingivitis and disease basics, data collection, epidemiology, classification systems, and diagnosis. Subsequent chapters encompass a wide array of nonsurgical and surgical approaches for treating issues such as gum pockets, furcation, gingival recession and mucogingival defects, and tooth mobility, as well as when to refer patients. The latest methods for controlling gingival inflammation are discussed, including scaling and root planing, systemic and local antimicrobial therapy, antiseptics, lasers, and photodynamic therapy.
• Case studies, review questions and explanations, coupled with diagrams and illustrations, enhance understanding and knowledge retention.
• Nine chapters feature key points of periodontal treatment, with detailed step-by-step instructions on how to approach clinical problems.
• Prognostic tools and risk assessments for predicting tooth longevity with discussion of various tooth replacement options.
This is an essential resource that guides dental students, residents and new dentists through the fundamental aspects of periodontal treatment. The book also provides an excellent classroom tool for dental school instructors.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
|Autor||Tobias Boehm, Sam Chui|