- Periodontology The Essentials provides readers with up-to-date information on the anatomy and physiology of the oral cavity as well as the latest methods for diagnosis, prevention, and therapy of periodontal disease.
- Evidence boxes giving summaries of clinical trials, meta-analyses and other studies, with graded assessment of the findings.
Möchten sie mehr über dieses Produkt erfahren?
Für einen Rückruf-Wunsch senden Sie uns bitte eine Email oder rufen Sie uns direkt an: 04532 - 267 277 (Mo-Fr 8h-17h).
The most important aspects of periodontology in one book
• The fundamentals: anatomy, physiology, and parodontal microbiology
• Particular periodontology basics: pathogenesis, epidemiology, and classification
• Diagnostics: diagnosis, prevention, general medical implications
• Therapy: emergency treatment, causal therapy, corrective measures, aftercare
The content from our 1st edition has been largely updated, some has been restructured.
The most considerable change are evidence boxes which the author included. He summarized systematically important reviews. There are also a lot of 4-c clinical photos now whereas the previous edition had mainly graphics and just a few b/w photos. The previous edition was a 2-color book only.
Periodontology The Essentials provides readers with up-to-date information on the anatomy and physiology of the oral cavity as well as the latest methods for diagnosis, prevention, and therapy of periodontal disease. It is specifically designed to help busy dental professionals give their patients the highest level of care. Throughout this book the author stresses the important connections between periodontal disease and the patient's overall health, focusing on preventive care and the consequences of treatment.
Key Features of the Second Edition
• Expanded and revised coverage, lavishly illustrated by more than 300 four-color photos and drawings
• Updated chapters throughout
• Evidence boxes giving summaries of clinical trials, meta-analyses and other studies, with graded assessment of the findings
• Discussion of the long-suspected association between systemic and periodontal diseases
This book is a remarkably fresh text on the fundamentals of periodontology that will serve as a scientifically grounded yet practical clinical tool for students of dentistry and dental hygiene, private practitioners, hygienists, and periodontists alike.
Hans-Peter Mueller, DDS, is Professor of Periodontology at the Institute of Clinical Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, Arctic University of Norway, Tromsoe, Norway.